Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Engaging Learners Pre Assignment Post

The reading for module 4 brought up many issues that kept popping up as I was adjusting to online learning. I often wonder how the facilitators/professors keep every 'thing' organized.  It is difficult, or a bit chaotic, keeping up with a couple classes that require the many online places you have to visit to participate. It is interesting, insightful, and exasperating.
It is about organizing the laptop or tablet with dividers and sections similar to the notebooks we carried around for f2f classes.  It involves the ability to make those organization categories applicable to easy use and access.  It also has to remain fluid so changes can be made.  I can't see the graphic organizer as organzied but as a fluid and connected outline of details.

These are early thoughts not the complete Module 4 assignment.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about graphic organizers. I am more able to understand linear organization such as outlines. I believe the graphic organizer is an abstract way to bring ideas together. Kudos to you for getting ahead, I am trying to catch up, when I read the Module 4 assignment I may be able to give you more feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Deborah and Rakinah I like the idea that is available of the check list and I think making students aware of the rubic is also a good idea so that they know what is expected of them early in the class and also gives them plenty of time to ask questions about their assignments. I also like the idea of having the class reading materials available through the library link. I think because we are working online we have to give as many opportunities for students to access the materials because the students may not all use the same links. Providing a succinct summary or link every week also works so that everyone is working from the same page.
    Have a great evening Helen

    ReplyDelete